Friday, April 20, 2012

Running Down a Dream...@NESCBWI

I'm off to Springfield this weekend for the (deep breath) New England Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators Spring Conference (and inhale).  After spending plenty of long post-teaching hours working on my portfolio, I will finally have the opportunity to share it.  Yikes!  Summoning up inner strength.  Reminding myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint.  Deep breath.  Exhale slowly.  Deep breath.  Exhale slowly.  Etc. Etc.

Watercolor on illustration board - click to enlarge

Watercolor on illustration board - click to enlarge
Pictured above are two pieces created recently for my portfolio.  They will serve to remind me that if a little girl can run down and capture bunny monsters, then surely I can run down and capture a book deal. :)  

4 comments:

  1. Break a leg! (Or, for an artist, break a wrist?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Really nice KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. More top notch stuff KB. I hope the conference is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I loved getting to read this post conference and knowing how it all turned out for you. Congratulations on your awards... your work is fabulous and this was so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete